Friday, April 26, 2013

A New Baby Girl

March 12th 

On Tuesday, we were scheduled to be at the hospital at 10 am. With a scheduled csection, everything was a little different. I knew weeks in advance when Abigail was coming (as long as she waited) so I got out all of my jitters ahead of time, sort of. My mom, sister, and nephew came to the house to stay with the kids until it was closer to game time. The whole experience was different for me compared to Natalie. With Natalie I was in labor forever, then had an emergency csection. With Abigail, I was able to relax in a room with Nathan beforehand while getting pumped with fluids. I was then taken back to the operating room where I was completely coherent for the prep work and spinal. I must say getting a spinal when you are alert and without pain is a lot scarier than when you are begging for one! After I was prepped and ready to go, Nathan was able to come in the room for the delivery.

At 12:47 pm, Abigail Marie was born. She was 7 pounds 14 ounces, 19 3/4 inches long, and beautiful! I could tell by looking at her that she was a lot smaller than Natalie even though my doctor and the nurses kept saying she was a good sized baby. I fell in love instantly! As I was getting stitched up, I knew Abigail was in good hands since Daddy follows baby. I couldn't wait to hold her for the first time and see my other sweet girl. It's hard to believe that in three years time I went from wondering if I could have children to having two perfect little girls.

Getting checked in.

Natalie playing in the waiting room.

One last picture beforehand.

Foot prints!

Getting to see Abigail for the first time.

Being weighed.

The family looking at Abigail.

Holding her for the first time.

Natalie after waking up a little grumpy from her catnap.
Gabriel holding his second sister!

Sleeping after getting all cleaned up.

Daddy and daughter

 I found out the day before I delivered that my doctor, Dr. Powers, would be retiring from OB in just a few short months. I love Dr. Powers so this was a shock to me! He delivered Natalie too so it's sad to think if I ever have another baby I'll have to find a new doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment