Friday, May 24, 2013

23 Months!


March 21st

I can't believe we are almost to the two year mark. Natalie is a super genius these days. She talks so much and insists that you know what she is saying. She has also entered the "helping stage". I don't know if you've ever dealt with an almost two year old who wants to hold her own sippy cup while you pour the milk, but it is quite a challenge to remain calm! We are working on listening and not saying no all of the time. I'll let you know how that one works out! :) Natalie is smart enough to understand reasoning but doesn't want to a lot of the time.

The one thing that makes it easy for me to go to work is that Natalie loves going to Poppa's house. Everyday, including Saturday and Sunday, she asks if she can go to "Poppa how". They have their own routine and love to play outside. With Poppa's new phone, I now get pictures at work and love it! Here are just a few from their recent adventures:

Riding on her doggie.

Being a dare devil.

Love this picture! She looks like she has such purpose!

Digging in the dirt.

Playing in my McDonald's dress up outfit!

She loves to swing!

Gabriel and Natalie

Walking in Grandma's shoes.


Playing Mr. Potato Head

If you can't tell by the pictures, Natalie has become quite opinionated about what she wears- especially to bed. She loves to pick out her own clothes and wants her pants to be loose. Matter of fact, if her pants are tight she pitches a fit because she hates it! I don't mind letting her pick out her own clothes, but she does tend to look like a ragamuffin.


Midway through month 23, Natalie became a big sister. We didn't know how she was going to handle it, and I was prepared for the worse. Like she always does, Natalie surprised me. She loves to love Abigail. When Abigail was first born, Natalie was all about holding her and giving her kisses. She knows that Abigail was the baby in my tummy but doesn't get that at all. I think Natalie is just happy she can sit on my lap again! Nathan and I do a great job of juggling the two so Natalie usually has someone to play with. Once Abi gets up and moving, I think Natalie is just going to love her more!



Being a big sister is exhausting!
And this is why I find rubber shreds all over the house on park days!

Looking at a frog with kitty.
She gave Abi Minnie and sat in her chair with Mickey! How sweet!

Enjoying breakfast in her chair from Grammo.

 
Natalie loves her park days with Daddy. She is becoming more and more explorative with lizards and other reptiles, and this is just too cute. She is still a little timid when it comes to touching them, but she loves to try!
 
Natalie loves going to "Poppa, GG, Mong Mong"s house. Every night she talks about going and here she is talking about three of her favorite people before falling asleep.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment